With the Shopify Affiliate Program, you earn commission while promoting a helpful product.
With the current affiliate program, you earn 200 dollars per paid customer that you refer to standard plans.
With the former program, you could earn up to $2000 per sale. I personally got paid the $2000 once while promoting Shopify.
In today’s post, I’ll review the new standard of the Shopify’s affiliate program. And I’ll share my experience promoting the software throughout the years.
Note that I am not talking about recruiting affiliates for your Shopify store. It’s about getting paid for referring merchants to sell their products on Shopify.
Good? Let’s start that Shopify affiliate review.
About the Shopify affiliate program
Shopify’s affiliate program is the partnership with Shopify when you promote their e-commerce software and earn $150 per sale.
Shopify is an e-commerce platform where you can start a store online or accept credit cards at the post office.
It is one of the best e-commerce services online. You can use it to:
- sell directly on Pinterest, Facebook, and Amazon while buyers do not have to leave the social media or marketplace.
- start an e-commerce store where Shopify handles payment, PCI compliance, and hosting for you.
- accept credit card payments from both your online and local stores with Shopify POS (Point Of Sale) and save on fees.
- sell on your existing blog with HTML buy now buttons.
- and more…
The plans are as follows:
- Shopify lite for $9 per month.
- Shopify Basic for $29 per month.
- Shopify (as simple) for $79 per month.
- Advanced Shopify plan for $299 per month.
- And Shopify plus where you have to contact the sale team to get pricing.
Do you think Shopify is the right platform for you to start an online store? Try it free for 14 days free for 14 days, no credit card is required.
Let’s review the affiliate opportunities for you.
Shopify affiliate program review
Shopify is one of the highest-paying affiliate programs online.
There’s a bunch of things I like about them along with the high affiliate commissions. And there are a few things I’d like them to improve.
You can make money with the Shopify affiliate program or the Shopify partner program. To be approved to be a Shopify affiliate partner, you need an active website with original content.
How can you make money with the Shopify partner program?
You can make money with Shopify’s partner program in three different ways:
- From the affiliate program: Shopify makes it easy to share landing pages with your referral tracker and earn per sale. You earn $150 per sale via the affiliate program.
- From the Shopify partner program: If you can design Shopify themes as a partner, you earn up to 70% per sale on the Shopify Theme Store. Another opportunity for residual and passive income.
- From the Shopify partner program for developers: If you can build apps to work with Shopify, you earn up to 80% per app sale.
Only the theme and app creator makes money from the Shopify theme and Shopify app sale. As an affiliate, you make money sending customers to buy Shopify plans to open stores and sell online.
The pros of Shopify’s affiliate program
- Chat live available for help: If you need quick help with the affiliate program, you can use the chat feature. I used it and get answers in a few minutes.
- Personal affiliate manager: You have someone dedicated to your affiliate account to help you out. I am glad she’s here. When I wanted to get paid via wire instead of PayPal, the live chat was not successful. But my account manager gives all the details because the fixed bounty for Shopify plus is not paid via PayPal.
- High commission: You get paid up to $150 per sale. It’s awesome when you promote such a wonderful program. You don’t do it just for the money, but you get the money.
- Fast payout: They use Impact. The minimum payout is $10 and you choose to get paid once a month or when you reach the threshold.
- Deep linking: You can link to any page on Shopify and earn commissions if the user converts. You just have to create a custom link in Impact website to make it work.
My Experiences with Shopify Affiliate Program
I got a $2000 payout from a single sale with the Shopify affiliate program.
Someone with a clothing line started a Shopify store after clicking a link on my blog. She opted for Shopify plus who paid affiliates $2000 per sale back then.
It happened once, in 2017. The takeaway is to always use your affiliate link when referring programs that you trust and have partnership with.
If your blog is in e-commerce niche, you can sign up on Shopify to understand how the platform works. They have one of the best referral programs that pay cash.
I just wrote about Shopify on four of my posts:
- 10 in-depth ways to earn money online
- 21+ residual income affiliate programs
- 10+ Proven Ways To Earn Money With Videos
I got many people to sign on Shopify using these pages. And the highest commission comes from them too.
The customer gets a lovely service to make more money selling his products. That’s the beauty of affiliate marketing. No bluffing needed to earn money.
You can check out the Shopify affiliate FAQ page which may answer many of your questions.
Takeaway: As long as you love a product and mention it on your post, use your affiliate link if you’ve been approved to do so.
What you can do to earn more with Shopify affiliate program
- Write blog posts teaching people how to sell online and target the keywords they use.
- As a Shopify partner, set up e-commerce stores for your clients. You’ll still get affiliate, theme, or app commissions.
- Share deep Shopify links on social media to get more people to subscribe using your links.
You can promote Shopify affiliate programs to make money. Like any service, it’s not perfect. But it’s one of the best services you can promote online.
You can make affiliate commission while you write to help people; just add your affiliate links to get paid when you influence a sale.
Feel free to share this post with your peers.