Domain parking can help you make money with your unused domains.
In life, each of us may have a preferred way to make money.
But sometimes, the money-making choice that we make is affected by unwanted situations.
Fortunately, you can turn those situations to your advantage.
Have domains you don’t use yet? Whatever the reason, you can maximize your profit online with domain parking. Let money comes to you from your unused domains.
Domain parking is such a passive way to make money online.
There are people who make money online primarily in parking domains.
But, what is domain parking? What are the best domain parking sites you can use? What do you need to start?
I will talk answer these exact answers today. Keep reading.
What is domain parking?
A parked domain is a domain name that is not associated with any internet service.
The internet services are email, FTP, websites, etc…
Domain parking is, then, a domain not being used for its purpose; also called an unused domain.
Recall that a domain name is meant to be a memorable name that redirects to an internet service via DNS. Their address is generally difficult to remember:
127.0.0.1 or 11111111 00000000 00000000 00000001 is an example. Localhost is an alias for that address. So domain name simplifies life.
With a domain name parked, you can make money with your traffic.
Your domain name is not associated with any internet service and just hosts advertising that is shown to your audience.
Each time someone interacts with those ads which sometimes look like web content, the domain owner makes money.
Why parking domains?
You may ask yourself why people park domains. Why should you? Do they do it just to make money? It is lucrative?
Yes, but also:
- 1.- Looking for domain age: You have the plan to start a business and you know that it is difficult for a new domain to rank well on search engines. You buy a domain name and park it to get it aged till you start your business. During that time, everyone that leads to your page can make you money.
- 2.- Reselling domain names: Some people just resell domain names. They heed the new domain name and each time a potentially high-traffic domain is bought, they buy the alternative top-level domains. Then, if the business wants that domain, it will have to pay higher than normal pricing. And misspelled TLD domains redirect to your website which generates cash. People can also afford domain names closely related to new trends and then sell them high to business owners. One of the most popular platforms for domain flipping is flippa.com.
- 3.- Domain you no more need: Imagine that you purchased the domain name Eustache-park.com for your website and then realize that askeustache.com is better. You redirect the old one to your new domain and wait for 180 days. What if you have months left on your subscription? You can park the domain and get your investment back. 🙂
- Because a new domain is generally parked: When you first purchase a domain, it is not associated with a web service. Then, it is automatically parked. Some web hosting companies will set it up when you buy both hosting and domain from them. For others, you have to modify the DNS settings.
What do I need to start with domain parking?
First, you need money.
It is not a free way to make money online. You can maximize profit and get your investment back fast, but you have to invest in domain purchases. Then, you can either monetize it with a domain parking script or domain parking companies.
Then, you need a strategy. If you’re just buying domains for selling, you may waste a lot of money for sure. You have to study the market to invest where you can get a smart income passively.
Maximize profit online with domain parking
To maximize profit from domain parking, you may consider the following points. They are not requirements. but they may help you double or triple your ROI fast and keep getting more profit.
1.- Buy cheap domain names
If you are looking for a fast return on investment, you may want to lower the investment itself.
Namecheap often offer discount on domains for the first year. You can also check out the best domain registrars for low regular prices.
2.- Park multiple domain names
Generally, you can’t promote a parked domain. It’s against most domain parking sites T.O.S. Traffic has to come naturally to them.
So, it may take time to maximize profit if you only own one domain.
People usually purchase bulk domains and start a portfolio. When you combine traffic from all your parked domains, you earn huge money.
3.- Purchase search-engine-friendly domain name
As traffic has to be natural, if you are not parking an old domain, you need SEO.
Purchase a domain with popular keywords; imagine that you could afford social media dot com when social media first arise. So, check for trendy topics, check availability, and purchase lucrative domains.
4.- make the domain name available for selling
You may plan to sell the domain name. The price grows with the domain age, and you will get traffic from the marketplace where your domains are listed.
It is possible to sell a well-chosen $10 domain for hundred of dollars. And you can make money with it while it is unsold.
5.- Purchase expired domains
There are free tools to find expired domain names.
People don’t renew their domain names sometimes because they moved to another project.
These domains are then free to get purchased by anyone. You can buy those domains, park them and earn money from the traffic and backlinks they received.
expireddomains.net is just one of the free services that list recently expired domains you can buy and then park.
Recommended domain parking sites
There are people who monetize their parking domains with scripts. They do it themselves. But you may want to use domain parking sites that will manage advertising on your parked domain; generally, they are free and share the revenue with you; sometimes, they are paid.
When the domain parking company offers free services, it doesn’t mean it is hard to earn money. But sometimes, you may have additional features with premium domain parking sites such as custom content, promotion, and higher market share. Let’s talk about a few I recommend:
- namedrive.com: Park your domain name with Namedrive and get paid for your traffic on your unused domains. The service is free also; you can customize the look and feel of your pages; if you decide to serve link ads or text ads directly. payments are made through PayPal ($20 minimum), wire transfer ($50 EU, $100 US, $200 international), and WebMoney ($50).
- GoDaddy Cash Parking: This is the non-free domain parking site on the list. You can add unlimited domain names, sell your domain names at Godaddy and get up to 80% share of the market; but you have to pay for the services monthly. Payment through PayPal, ACH (Payoneer), and check.
- Sedo Parking: A free and reputed domain parking company. Just signup to add your domain and modify the DNS settings accordingly to the instructions. Wait for DNS propagation and your domain start generating you money. You can also sell your domain on SEDO and link to your parked domain available for sale to drive traffic. They are paying through PayPal, Paper check, Wire transfer, and direct transfer (Payoneer via US payment services); $20 minimum payment.
There’s a few important things you may need to know:
- There are laws around domain name registration. Some domains buy rights and prevent you from purchasing domains related to their brands. Make sure you don’t use a combination of copyrighted brands.
- Making money through domain parking is easy if you follow guidelines. You just have to purchase the domain and don’t have to create content. If you park a domain that received traffic and backlinks, you may earn fast; for a new domain, unless you’re experienced, you have to be patient.
Make money with domain parking marketing system. There are people who earn over $100 per day; how much will you make? It’s up to you.